NEW BLOG!

This is an out of date blog, for these posts and all current projects please head over to

I'm Topsy Turvy

for any interest in ordering cakes please head to

topsy turvy cakes

November 23, 2009

M-i-c-k-e-y M-o-u-s-e

091123_0002_JTMPb29d_edit
A good friend of mine asked me to make a birthday cake for her mother.  When talking about what she liked it came out that she LOVES Mickey Mouse.  And that she really loves the hat's you can get when you are there.  SO we came up with this design.  Now I don't like to write on cake's.  It makes me nervous, that and while I can make a great cake, I tend to shake when it comes to the precise details (thanks MOM- I got it from her!), which makes writing NICELY difficult!  BUT I think it turned out great.  The ears were really fun to do.  AND I discovered a GREAT lemon cake recipe while trying out new recipes for this cake.  I'm still not happy with my Strawberry cake recipe though, so anyone that has one they love let me know!
091123_0007_edit