NEW BLOG!

This is an out of date blog, for these posts and all current projects please head over to

I'm Topsy Turvy

for any interest in ordering cakes please head to

topsy turvy cakes

October 21, 2008

Cheesecake on a cone

A few months ago, while visiting my sister, she introduce me to this amazing Cheesecake Ice Cream recipe~ I fell in LOVE. It is a bit lighter than cheesecake, but definatly has the distictive flavor. It was wonderful. In fact her husband, my sister and myself ate an entire batch in one sitting! So for my birthday she got me The Ultimate Ice Cream book she got it from. I immediately came home and made a double batch! I didn't even share with my kids, It was wonderful!
From "The Ultimate Ice Cream Book" by Bruce Weinstein

Cheesecake Ice Cream
1 C sugar
4 oz cream cheese softened
1 egg
½ tsp vanilla
½ C milk
2 tsp grated lemon zest
1 ½ C cream
3 graham crackers crumbled (or nilla wafers)
Beat sugar and cheese together until smooth, beat in the egg and vanilla. Bring milk to boil, beat into the cheese mixture. Pour mixture back into sauce pan and heat until custard thickens. Stir in zest and cream, refrigerate until cold.
Pour the chilled custard into an ice cream machine and process according to the manufacturer's instructions until frozen. Add crackers the last 3-5 mins. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until ready to serve.

I used Nilla wafers crushed instead of graham crackers, and a bit less lemon zest (it was a bit too strong for me the first time). The book has a few more variations I havn't tried yet, but I'm looking forward to it! Enjoy.