NEW BLOG!

This is an out of date blog, for these posts and all current projects please head over to

I'm Topsy Turvy

for any interest in ordering cakes please head to

topsy turvy cakes

October 21, 2007

Chocolate week day 7

I've been sick all day and havn't been able to make anything new. So I'm going to post one of my favorite Chocolate recipes of all time. My Grandpa Houghtaling's FAMOUS Hot Fudge sauce. I not only use it on ALL my Ice Cream, I also use it to flavor my quick and easy Chocolate Ice Cream. It is fantastic. I usually triple or quadruple the recipe and enjoy it for about 6 months. I've never had it go bad. I'd avoid making it on rainy days though, otherwise it turns out a little grainy.

Grandpa chocolate fudge sauce

1/2 C cocoa
1 C sugar
1 C karo lite syrup
3 Tbsp butter
1/2 C canned evaporated milk
1/2 tsp salt

Mix everything in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 1/2 mins, then take off the heat and stir in 1 tsp vanilla.

If you have a bit of evaporated milk you don't know what to do with try out this recipe and let me know what you think! So much better than the stores. It will be runny the first night you make it, but thickens in the fridge, and reheats well. I've had nothing but sucess with this recipe and I've been making it for 10 years now.