NEW BLOG!

This is an out of date blog, for these posts and all current projects please head over to

I'm Topsy Turvy

for any interest in ordering cakes please head to

topsy turvy cakes

October 18, 2007

Chocolate Week day 4


So it's no surprise I have a thing for Ice Cream, and as I've stated before If it's not chocolate what's the point? So I found another Ice cream flavor to try.... Chocolate Cheesecake Ice Cream! And WOW it totally tastes like Chocolate cheesecake! And like Cheesecake it's thick, smooth, creamy, dense, PERFECT! I love it. It's SO rich I'm not sure what you'd want to add as a topping that wouldn't take away from it. Maybe some Nilla wafer crumbs (like a crust would be made out of ) for a light added crunch. I'll have to try that!

Chocolate Cheesecake Ice Cream
makes 1 quart

8 oz baking chocolate coarsely chopped (I used Bittersweet)
3/4 C heavy cream
3/4 C sugar
8 oz cream cheese chopped into pieces and room temp
1/2 C half n half
1/2 C whole milk
1 tsp vanilla

In a small sauce pan heat the cream and 1/4 C sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved, then bring to a boil. Pour over the chopped chocolate and whisk until smooth. Refrigerate 10-15 mins, until cool. Mix the rest of the sugar and cream cheese (with paddles if you have them). Beat a few mins until smooth, add chocolate and mix until even. While beating on low add the half and half, milk and vanilla. Then put it into the machine and follow manufacturer's instructions.

For me it took a bit longer than my average Ice Cream, and it never got quite as thick. It was always a bit smoother/creamier. It will be interesting to see what it looks like tomorrow... will it still be a bit on the soft side? I'll update and let you know.