NEW BLOG!

This is an out of date blog, for these posts and all current projects please head over to

I'm Topsy Turvy

for any interest in ordering cakes please head to

topsy turvy cakes

March 31, 2010

This week for dinner- Pork Tenderloin

dinner pork tenderloin chiopolte raspberry sauce
I learned this one from my Aunt Karen a few years ago when we were visiting her house in Dallas.  I was nursing a new baby at the time (only a few weeks old) and I ate a ton, and later that same night ate all the leftovers as well!  The pork tenderloin is great, but what REALLY makes it is the Roasted Raspberry Chipotle sauce!  Go out and buy some now!  The recipe for the tenderloin is sometimes right on the tag for the sauce!  My two youngest (AKA the meat lovers, they take after me!) LOVE this dinner.  My older two used to love it, but they're going through a weird food thing right now.  I like to serve it with baked potatoes or a risotto of some kind.  My new favorite toy in the kitchen is my mother in law's electric meat thermometer.  I think it's the secret behind the best turkey EVER this year, and has made my tenderloins PERFECT!  When we move out my husband is going to HAVE to buy me one!

Pork tenderloin
2 (1 lbs) pork tenderloins
1 tsp fresh rosemary
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
Salt and pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil
Raspberry chipotle sauce
Wash pork in cool water and pat dry. Cut off excess fat and silverback. Combine rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Rub over pork and let stand 10 mins. Heat oil in ovenproof skillet. Sear both sides of each tenderloin, place in oven (preheated to 350) and cook 35 mins (until thermometer reads 160). Serve with Raspberry Chipotle sauce.