NEW BLOG!

This is an out of date blog, for these posts and all current projects please head over to

I'm Topsy Turvy

for any interest in ordering cakes please head to

topsy turvy cakes

March 24, 2010

This week for dinner- Gunpowder chicken!

gunpowder chicken over rice casserole
I got this recipe a few years ago from my Aunt Andrea at one of our Houghtaling World Summit's (our family reunion).  I think it comes from her side of the family.  I changed it a bit, made it larger and serve the rice on the side because we eat a lot more apparently!  Anyway, it's one of my kids favorites and I hope you all enjoy it too!

Gun Powder Chicken
2-3 C cut-up sauteed chicken (optional- I like to cook some chopped onion and crushed garlic with my chicken and throw it in too)
1 can Cream of Chicken soup (Lrg)
2 C + Plain Yogurt
1 sleeve of Ritz or similar cracker-crushed
1/2 C of melted butter
Poppy seeds
Cooked Rice
Pre-heat oven to 350. Mix soup, yogurt and chicken. Mix butter and crackers crumble on top of soup mixture. Sprinkle with poppy seeds. Heat covered with foil for 30 minutes. Serve over rice. (can be doubled)
dinner gunpowder chicken over rice