NEW BLOG!

This is an out of date blog, for these posts and all current projects please head over to

I'm Topsy Turvy

for any interest in ordering cakes please head to

topsy turvy cakes

February 19, 2010

Valentines cake

cream cheese icing frosting ruffle cake martha stewart
For Valentines I was actually on a trip visiting my folks, sister and niece's and nephews up in the great northern tip of Idaho! It was 2 of my niece's birthday's, and my first time back up in Coeur d'Alene in 3 1/2 years! Anyway, it also happened to be Valentines, and while my hubby was back at home with the boys the girls and I were happy to spend it with so much family (both sets of MY grandparents were there too, it was my oldest niece's 8th birthday, which is a big deal for us)
Anyway, I got to make the cake for the family birthday party/Valentines party! I had seen this cake a while ago (martha stewart) and been wanting to try it! I used cream cheese frosting for a better flavor. I started with a thin crumb coat but because it's so runny and thin I kept the frosting refrigerated, and every few columns I had to put the cake back in the fridge too, so it wouldn't all puddle off. It would be much easier with butter cream, but luckily it's a nice and moist cake, so the fridge didn't dry it out too much.
valentines cake ruffle pink