NEW BLOG!

This is an out of date blog, for these posts and all current projects please head over to

I'm Topsy Turvy

for any interest in ordering cakes please head to

topsy turvy cakes

January 30, 2010

Who you gonna call?

One of the boys in my son's 1st grade class had a birthday party today.  I was lucky enough to get to make his birthday cake!  He requested the Ghost Busters logo.
ghost buster cake fondant carved birthday
I stayed up WAY to late working on this one, but it was SOO much fun to make.  First stacked the cakes, then I started carving away, a little at a time.  Piecing together the three different fondant colors was tricky.  Especially since I didn't realize until 2 am that I was almost completely out of white fondant!  I barely had enough to cover the ghost!  But it all worked out.  And I hand painted the lines and details on the cake.  I am really pleased with how this one turned out.  The had hanging out the side reaching forward. I wish I had a better side and top shot.  But when I was taking these pictures at 6 am I wasn't thinking too clearly!  
ghostbuster cake fondant carved birthday eggless