NEW BLOG!

This is an out of date blog, for these posts and all current projects please head over to

I'm Topsy Turvy

for any interest in ordering cakes please head to

topsy turvy cakes

January 31, 2010

This week for Dinner- White chicken chili

I grew up on my mothers ground beef chili and loved it.  But a few years ago at a church chili cook-off I tasted this amazing chili!  It's perfect for me, it has great flavor, some wonderful spices, but not too hot and is creamy, which I'm always partial too.  Lucky for me my husband and 3 oldest also like spicy food.  Only my youngest doesn't like all the spicy food.  My poor in laws!  They are so kind and generous I'm not sure if they like spicy food or not, they wouldn't never tell me.  I guess the fact that my Mother in law had some the next day for left overs means she liked it. 
chicken chili white soup
Anyway I've been making this chili for 4 years now and it's one of my absolute favorites. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

White Chili
2 lbs white beans rinsed
12 C chicken broth
2 tsp chicken bouillon
4 onions chopped
2 Tbsp Wesson or Mazola oil
14 cloves garlic minced
14 oz diced green chilies
8 tsp ground cumin
4 tsp dried oregano
4 tsp cayenne pepper
8 C diced chicken sauteed 
2 C sour cream
6 C shredded Monterey jack cheese
Combine beans broth and chicken bouillon in large pot. Simmer covered for 2 hours. Sauté onions in oil till golden. Add onions, garlic, green chilies, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and chicken to bean mixture. Simmer another 30 mins. Add sour cream and jack cheese just before serving, heat until cheese melts (do not boil)