NEW BLOG!

This is an out of date blog, for these posts and all current projects please head over to

I'm Topsy Turvy

for any interest in ordering cakes please head to

topsy turvy cakes

March 06, 2009

Sweet 16...

birthday gift cake fondant bow
This one was another last min request from someone at church! They've been keeping me busy lately! This cake is a simple design, and should have been really easy, but it was one of THOSE cakes. Everything that could go wrong did, everything that should go right didn't. I had to take it apart and re-fill and frost over 4 times! It was a nightmare from start to finish! And forget about the fondant. It's too humid here for the bow to stay dry and hold its shape for very long, but then the fondant on the cake kept drying out and cracking? How does that work, it was a nightmare. But luckily I was able to pull it all together, albeit much later and longer than I'd planned, and the birthday girl, and her mother, were happy....