NEW BLOG!

This is an out of date blog, for these posts and all current projects please head over to

I'm Topsy Turvy

for any interest in ordering cakes please head to

topsy turvy cakes

February 23, 2009

Pink Soccer Ball!

soccer ball cake fondant pink grass airbrush
On Sunday after church a got a request for a birthday cake today! Not much notice, but I was free and it was easy so I said yes. Her daughter loves pink and soccer and this is how it turned out. I had some trouble with the fondant around the bottom, it just wouldn't press back into itself very well today. I think this fondant wasn't as fresh as my last batch. Although it kneaded together fine. I did use my new pearl airbrush paint, but you can't tell very well in this shot. Just before going to deliver it I thought it needed something and I added the buttercream grass. Presto, it went from nice, to totally cute. I was so glad I thought of it. I'm still not remembering or thinking of these kinds of things these days (concussion) so I am grateful!