NEW BLOG!

This is an out of date blog, for these posts and all current projects please head over to

I'm Topsy Turvy

for any interest in ordering cakes please head to

topsy turvy cakes

October 14, 2007

My Sore Throat Solution


I've had a sore throat for a few days so I thought it was the perfect excuse to make my favorite treat... My amazing Hot Chocolate! I know it isn't really cold yet, but honestly I don't think it WILL ever be cold enough in Houston to NEED Hot Chocolate, so I figured I might as well make it just because I WANTED it. And I could always drink it chilled... Not that I DO, but I COULD. Can you tell from my Caps that I'm Justifying a bit... Anyway, this is the greatest Hot Chocolate recipe and I'm sharing it with you! Enjoy (esp those of you who live in a colder climate).





Hot Cocoa
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup hot water
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
4 cups milk
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Mix cocoa, sugar, water and salt in a saucepan. Over medium heat, stir constantly until mixture boils. Cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Stir in the milk and heat, but do not boil. Remove from heat and add vanilla; blend well. Serve immediately.

I make a double batch and keep it in the fridge and heat it up one cup at a time and enjoy it for days. It will separate, so you'll have to mix it a bit every time. I keep in my mixing pitcher for ease. The best part about it is I get a lot of milk in my diet this way. In fact this is one of 2 ways I ever drink/eat reg milk (Cereal is the way~ I have a weakness for Cap'n Crunch). All other dairy is in the form of Cream, Butter, and Cheese. I keep a plentiful supply of all three at ALL times.