NEW BLOG!

This is an out of date blog, for these posts and all current projects please head over to

I'm Topsy Turvy

for any interest in ordering cakes please head to

topsy turvy cakes

August 18, 2007

Yellow Texas Rose

So here is the final cake, all she wanted was yellow frosting roses on white frosting, with white cake and white filling. I wanted to go all the way up the bottom layer, with roses, but after putting on the second row I knew it wouldn't make the car trip. I did have quite a few fall off in the car and had to do some damage control once I got there. But in the end it worked out well.
It took 48 cups of batter, 18 cups of buttercream, 12 cups of royal icing, 10 lbs of powdered sugar, but only 24 eggs! And I finally finished of a 50 lbs bag of powdered sugar I accidentally bought at Costco last year!