NEW BLOG!

This is an out of date blog, for these posts and all current projects please head over to

I'm Topsy Turvy

for any interest in ordering cakes please head to

topsy turvy cakes

July 11, 2007

Wacky

July 06
This was for a Cake teachers annual meeting. We were all supposed to bring decorated cake dummies. I actually forgot about it and didn't start work on my dummies until 11 pm the night before. I , thankfully, had it all planned out though. The finished product looked a little messier than I origianlly invisioned, but mostly followed the plan well. And still lots of fun! Next time I'll start much sooner! It was my first time using a dummy and it was interesting. *trick alert* to soften the corner on a cake dummy cover it with a sheet of parchement paper and softly iron over the corner. The parchement paper won't stick but the hot iron with melt the styrofom dummy and voila, a softer edge.