NEW BLOG!

This is an out of date blog, for these posts and all current projects please head over to

I'm Topsy Turvy

for any interest in ordering cakes please head to

topsy turvy cakes

July 11, 2007

Pre-Class cakes

Here are 2 examples of the kinds of cakes I was doing without class. They were good, cute, but simple. Looking back now I still like them, so that's a good thing. But I do see ways I could have done SO much better if I did them over now.

This is Jan 05, for a boy's birthday. My favorite thing about this cake you can't even see! I made each cake a different height! It was 3-D in a way. AND the frosting was this GREAT marshmallow frosting recipe I have. MMMmmmmmm!


Here is a Castle cake I did for my daughter. Most of what I would change is to use a better buttercream recipe. The one I used for this was SO disgusting, like eating raw butter with a bit of sugar! AND I would use different tips to decorate, rather than candy. I got the idea from Familyfun. My little boy ate all the blue jello (the "moat") and I learned something new! Any thing containing lots of blue dye will change the color of your poop to an extreme, almost florescent, green (and dye the diaper wearing 2 year old's bottom green for a week) , no matter how young or old you are!