NEW BLOG!

This is an out of date blog, for these posts and all current projects please head over to

I'm Topsy Turvy

for any interest in ordering cakes please head to

topsy turvy cakes

July 11, 2007

2nd Month of Cake Classes

October 05
In this month we only officialy did one cake, but I also did a Halloween cake. This month was all about royal icing and making flowers. I think I caught on quickly and had a lot of fun. I enjoyed the color flow, and used it in a later bridemaid cake. I can see alot of possibilities, but don't know how often I'll really use it. I do enjoy having left over royal icing flowers though. They come in handy when you decide at the last min to make a cake. And although I do'nt know if I'll ever use basket weave (it uses a TON of icing) I did enjoy doing it.

And this was the Halloween cake I did, to this day I'm still upset that I forgot to take a picture of a slice of the cake. The batter was also tri-colored, so in theory when you cut a slice it looks a piece of candy corn.