NEW BLOG!

This is an out of date blog, for these posts and all current projects please head over to

I'm Topsy Turvy

for any interest in ordering cakes please head to

topsy turvy cakes

May 30, 2009

8th Birthday

It was my oldest 8th birthday today! She wanted a pool party, and the plates all had hibiscus flowers on them. So this is what we came up with. A strawberry cake, with strawberry icing (and strawberry ice cream). Covered in White fondant with Pink airbrushed on the sides and a flower airbrushed into the top. I would have liked to have done more with the cake, carved it into a hibiscus shape and make it look like a giant flower, but my youngest was up all night throwing up and ruined my early morning plans. Still, the birthday girl was happy and the cake was gone in one day. Yeah!
birthday fondant airbrush pink strawberry flower hibiscus