NEW BLOG!

This is an out of date blog, for these posts and all current projects please head over to

I'm Topsy Turvy

for any interest in ordering cakes please head to

topsy turvy cakes

July 31, 2008

Chocolate Hazelnut... Homemade Nutella

This was from our July Chocolate Therapy Challenge. I've finally got around to posting it. We found 2 different recipes for homemade nutella. I tried one and Duff ABC's tried the other. They were both short and easy, using whole Hazelnuts that you grind yourself. And there is the issue I had with the recipe. Not the grinding, that was easy, but my at home food processor just couldn't get the nuts ground enough! The end product was just a bit too grainy. By other than the texture (a big deal for me, but not my Husband) the taste was amazing. If I could find a way to grind it better, and create a smoother finish I'd never buy Nutella at the store again.

Homemade Nutella
3/4 C (90 grams) powdered sugar
2/3 C (100 grams) ground hazelnuts
1/3 C (70 grams) butter
3.5 oz (100 grams) dark chocolate
1/2 C (1 deciliter) milk

Combine sugar and hazelnuts.
Melt chopped chocolate with butter in double broiler. Add hazelnuts with sugar in it and stir it.
Pour milk in the hot chocolate mix and stir it, until it becomes smooth (it takes about one minute).
Pour into a container and refrigerate it.

Using weight works more accurately than C's. But I did my best to get the measurement accurate. I included the original grams just in case...)