NEW BLOG!

This is an out of date blog, for these posts and all current projects please head over to

I'm Topsy Turvy

for any interest in ordering cakes please head to

topsy turvy cakes

February 16, 2008

Another wedding cake!

This was the cake I made for the reception tonight. I wish I had gotten a shot of the inside. It was white almond, Sour cream dark chocolate and then white almond again. In between each layer was a pistachio mousse. It was SOOO good. And I made Marshmallow fondant for a change. It was delicious. A nice change from the normal chewy gross fondant. About halfway through the outdoor reception we got one of our famous Texan sized Rain/lighting storms. And even though we were undercover the rain came right on in~ The cake got soaked, and the fondant liquefied a bit and got all stick. Luckily it was near the end of the evening. Even so we had a lot of guest leave without cake and the entire bottom layer is left! Good thing cake freezes well! If it hadn't been for that storm I think there would only have been half of the bottom layer or less left. It was a huge cake, built to feed 154. The brides colors were brown green and white. The decorations were beautiful, the setting was amazing and the food and snack were all green, brown and white. It was really beautiful, even if I did get soaked.