NEW BLOG!

This is an out of date blog, for these posts and all current projects please head over to

I'm Topsy Turvy

for any interest in ordering cakes please head to

topsy turvy cakes

December 18, 2007

Oreo "truffle" Balls

Okay, this was a recipe we picked as part of our Monthly Chocolate Therapy Challenges. Now, they we're quite what I expected, simply because I wouldn't call them truffles. They are Oreo balls. Don't get me wrong, they taste good, are super easy and look good. But truffles? No, not in a million years. So I rename them Oreo Balls. Very good, a repeat.

Oreo Balls
Makes 40-50 depending on ball size

1 Pkg crushed Oreo's
8 oz softened cream cheese

Mix well, refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Make balls and dip in Chocolate (white, milk or dark all work) or roll in sugar. Viola!

That's it! Super easy, tasty and much cheaper that real truffles, so a good one for kids and snack-y husbands. (I really don't want to share my REAL and expensive truffles with anyone who doesn't REALLY appreciate them)